Criteria for Applying
- Have had some training (have completed, or be studying for, a degree in costume) AND/OR have worked on at least two small/mid scale productions (perhaps fringe, pub, or university productions)
- Have excellent sewing skills
- Have shown an active commitment to the craft, by working in any type of theatre environment, whether paid or unpaid
- Not have had an attachment to a mainstream theatre or production company
- Be signed up as a Masterclass Member (click here for more info & to join for free)
How to Apply
To apply, candidates are asked to:
- Send a CV and covering letter (no longer than one side of A4) saying why you should be given the placement. Please include your full name in the title of the documents, and make sure they are saved as PDFs.
- Please send your application to email@example.com with the subject heading:
SINGIN' COSTUME INTERNSHIP
Interviews will be taking place on Monday 14 June.
Period of Engagement: 21 June – 5 August
- Closing date for applications: 4 June
- Full Rehearsals begin: Monday 28 June
- First Performance: Friday 30 July
- Press Night: Thursday 5 August
Rehearsals and performances will take place in London, and you must be available for the entire period.
The placement will be paid at National Living Wage for 2021.The positions advertised are in addition to any professional roles on the production.
With grateful thanks to Jonathan Church Theatre Productions & Michael Harrison Entertainment for helping to make these opportunities possible.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK