This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills on a professional production in one of the UK's leading theatres. The role will be varied and may range from observing to assisting. It is ideal for early-stage professionals looking to make the transition from small-scale productions to larger, commercial productions.
Criteria for Applying
- Have had some training AND/OR have worked on at least two small/mid scale productions (perhaps fringe, pub, or university productions)
- Have shown an active commitment to their craft, by working in any type of theatre environment, whether paid or unpaid
- Not have had an attachment to a mainstream theatre or production company
- Be signed up as a Masterclass Member (click here for more info & to join for free)
How to Apply
To apply, candidates are asked to:
- Send a CV and covering letter (no longer than one side of A4) saying why you should be given the placement. Please include your full name in the title of the documents, and make sure they are saved as PDFs.
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading:
LION INTERNSHIP - COSTUME
LION INTERNSHIP - ASM
Interviews will be taking place on Wednesday 21 - Friday 23 July.
Period of Engagement:
Costume Assistant Intern: 13 Sept – 6 November
Assistant Stage Manager Intern: 20 Sept - 6 November
- Closing date for applications: Friday 16 July
- Interviews: Wednesday 21 - Friday 23 July
- Full Rehearsals begin: Monday 20 September
- First Performance: Tuesday 2 November
The placement will be paid at National Living Wage for 2021. In addition to the internship payment, a subsistence allowance will be paid for the technical and preview week in Leicester.
With grateful thanks to Elliott and Harper Productions for helping to make these opportunities possible. For more information about The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe production, please see the website here.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK. The positions advertised are in addition to any professional roles on the production.
If you have any questions, please contact the Masterclass office by email email@example.com.