Actor Callout - paid workshops
March 07, 2022
We are looking for actors to participate in five paid R&D workshops.
These R&D workshops will help our writer and director to create a piece of work that uses theatre and storytelling to educate international communities about cybersecurity issues.
More information about the Project
The project is creating a short (~15 minute) piece of theatre that can be recreated by community groups in developing countries, with accompanying discussion points. The aim of the piece is to bring to life important cybersecurity issues, raising awareness of the risks that come with using online services, but also instilling confidence. The R&D workshops will be led by the writer & director team who will use these workshops to help structure and refine their script.
You will be paid £11.05 an hour (London Living Wage) for your participation in the workshops.
Criteria for Applying
- Be available for ALL dates listed below
- Have an interest in community and/or educational theatre projects
- Have experience of participating in R&D processes or professional workshops
- Have a collaborative, enthusiastic attitude
- Be a Masterclass Member (sign up here - it's free!)
- We are particularly interested in hearing from actors with global majority heritage
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com using subject heading Actor - CT Workshop. Please attach your acting CV or include a spotlight link, and detail your relevancy based on the above criteria.
If you have any additional skills that may be of interest for the creative project, including experience of using puppetry, dance/movement or music making in a workshop setting, please make sure this is clear on your CV, or include any details in your email.
Workshops will be taking place:
- Thursday 17 March 7pm-9pm
- Tuesday 22 March 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Thursday 24 March 10am-2pm
- Monday 28 March from 2.30pm-5:30pm
- Wednesday 30 March 7.30pm-9.30pm
Please note you must be available to attend ALL* workshop dates. Workshops will be taking place in Central London.
*If you can make all dates bar one, please do apply and let us know in your email
Closing date for applications:
Midday, Thursday 10 March
This is paid at London Living Wage, £11.05 an hour.
With grateful thanks to CREST for their support in making this opportunity possible.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
If you have any questions, please contact the Masterclass office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org