Paid Internship Callout - Sound Assistant
October 13, 2021
We are inviting applications for a paid Sound Assistant Intern for A Christmas Carol at the Alexandra Palace Theatre.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills on a professional production. The role will be varied and may range from observing to assisting. It is ideal for an early career sound assistant looking to make the transition from small-scale productions to larger, commercial productions.
Criteria for Applying
Candidates should have:
- Some experience of Sound work in a theatre environment
- A passion for Sound (Design, Engineering or Operation) and theatre in general
- A willingness to learn; a collaborative and enthusiastic attitude
- Not had an attachment to a mainstream theatre or production company
- A Masterclass Membership (click here for more info & to join for free)
Please note if you have completed a degree or higher education qualification you will still be eligible to apply.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates are asked to:
- Send a CV and covering letter (no longer than one side of A4) explaining how you would benefit from the placement. Please include your full name in the title of the documents, and make sure they are saved as PDFs.
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: CHRISTMAS CAROL INTERNSHIP
The closing date for applications is 9am, Wednesday 27 October. Interviews will be taking place on Wednesday 3 November.
Period of Engagement: 22 November 2021 – 9 January 2022
- Closing date for applications: Wednesday 27 October
- Interviews: Wednesday 3 November
This is a paid placement. The positions advertised are in addition to any professional roles on the production.
With grateful thanks to Eleanor Lloyd Productions for helping to make these opportunities possible. Generously supported by the Harold Oppenheim Charitable Trust
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK
For more information about the A Christmas Carol production, please see the Alexandra Palace Theatre website here.
If you have any questions, please contact the Masterclass office by email: email@example.com