Pitch Your Play is BACK!
December 01, 2022
Do you have a finished script? It’s time to get your elevator pitch ready. Win a place on our Pitch Your Play programme! The prize includes free rehearsal space, paid creative team and marketing support, culminating in a Staged Reading at the Theatre Royal Haymarket, West End.
Submit a 30 page extract of your script and complete this application form: Pitch Your Play Application Form
- be 60-100 pages in total (1 hr – 1hr 30 mins running time roughly)
- have a cast of 2-5 actors (if it has additional characters, the multi-roling must be made clear)
- have numbered pages
- be original script – no adaptations or ‘reimagining’ of original plays
- be aged 16-30 and signed up as a Masterclass Member
- not have had multiple plays produced in mid-scale venues – this is an opportunity for relatively ‘new and upcoming’ playwrights. If in doubt about whether you qualify, please drop us an email to check.
#Submission Deadline: Thursday 1st December at 12pm (midday)
Our longlist will be announced in February. If longlisted, you will receive a digital ‘badge’ and be credited on our website. You will then be asked to submit your full script.
Our shortlist will be announced in March. If shortlisted, you will be invited to ‘Pitch Your Play’ - giving a short presentation to invited industry professionals, venues and organisations. Longlisted writers and Masterclass Members will also be invited – more details closer to the time!
The three winning plays will be announced at the end of March.
Three playwrights will win a Staged Reading at Theatre Royal Haymarket!
This will also include the following:
- A paid creative team – we will help you find a Director and Actors for your staged reading. You and they will all be paid.*
- Rehearsal space – a free week at the Theatre Royal Haymarket
- Marketing support (incl. poster design, print programme, social media campaign and invitations to our industry contacts)
- Admin support
*Once our winning plays are selected, we will host a callout for Directors, and then actors. These will all be paid at £494 for the week of rehearsals and staged reading. Please make sure you are signed up as a Masterclass member to be considered.