Writer & Director Callout - paid theatre project
January 19, 2022
We are looking for a writer and director duo to lead a new creative theatre project for Masterclass.
We are delighted to be partnering with CREST, using theatre and storytelling to educate international communities about cybersecurity issues.
This is a fantastic paid opportunity for a pair of an early career writer and director looking for a new small project to get their teeth into.
More information about the Project
The project is to create a short (~15 minute) piece of theatre that can be recreated by community groups in developing countries, with accompanying discussion points. The aim of the piece is to bring to life important cybersecurity issues, raising awareness of the risks that come with using online services, but also instilling confidence.
The writer and director will be given a research pack outlining the key messages, with some background information, and will be paid for 16 hours prep time to draft a short script/sketch. This will then be explored in a two day Research & Development Workshop here at the Theatre Royal Haymarket with actors/participants, and followed by a redrafted short script/sketch.
Criteria for Applying
- Have had some training and/or have worked on at least two productions (perhaps Fringe/pub theatre)
- Have an interest in community and/or educational theatre projects
- Have a collaborative, enthusiastic attitude
- Be a Masterclass Member (sign up here - it's free!)
- We are particularly interested in hearing from writers and directors with global majority heritage
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Period of Engagement:
21 February 2022 – 31 March 2022 Up to 40 hours work within this period
- Closing date for applications: Midday, Friday 4 February
- Interviews: Friday 18 February
This is paid at London Living Wage, £11.05 an hour.
With grateful thanks to CREST for their generous support in making this opportunity possible.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
If you have any questions, please contact the Masterclass office by email: email@example.com