Who we areWe are the Theatre Royal Haymarket Masterclass Trust (Masterclass), a registered charity (1159840) offering innovative educational experiences for those interested in theatre and the arts.
We are committed to protecting and safeguarding your personal information.
If you have any questions regarding your personal data or its use, please contact the Programme Director by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 020 7389 9660
Theatre Royal Haymarket Masterclass Trust
18 Suffolk Street
How we collect your personal dataGenerally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include registering with us to book places for our events (masterclasses, talks, workshops, ticket offers, creative opportunities), donating to or supporting our progamme or it could be where you sign up to receive emails from us or engage with us on Social Media. We also look at how our audience interacts with our website.
We collect information in a number of ways which are listed below:
1. When you register to become a Masterclass Member (30 and under) or a Friends Scheme Member your membership allows you do the following:
- Book places on our events
- Purchase exclusive ticket offers served via Masterclass and courtesy of various UK theatres
2. When you contact us by phone or email to book onto events.
3. When you volunteer to participate in our events or opportunities.
4. When you contact us by post, e.g. application forms for competitions or memberships.
5. When you sign up at careers fair events like TheatreCraft or at Fresher Fairs.
6. When you donate to Masterclass or support the programme at our fundraising events, through Gift Aid declarations or by becoming a member of the Masterclass Friends Scheme.
8. From time to time, we may also get data about you from third parties. This could include other venues where you have engaged with our programming or partners that we have run competitions and events with.
The types of information we collectWe only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business and charitable aims, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered:
Information we obtain directly from you:
When you register with us on our website or subscribe to our newsletter or other items from us online, by post or phone we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting. We collect personal data in order to communicate with our members about upcoming events, project and opportunities. We also collect data for statistical purposes for funding applications, annual reports and to assess the viability and reach of our work.
We further hold personal data on our supporters and donors (current and former) in regards to their financial support of the programme and to let them know about updates on our programming, upcoming fundraising events and other ways they can support the charity.
We may collect:
Your full name
Date of birth
Gift Aid declarations
When visiting our website we may collect the following information:
When someone visits www.masterclass.org.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information, details of visitor behaviour patterns and a broad overview of visitor demographics. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site and where in the world visitors are viewing the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Information we obtain independently from you:
Mailing lists and newsletters
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about things you’ve agreed for us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We do not sell, rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe from general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by contacting us in the Masterclass office on 020 7389 9660 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information available publicly
We may include information found in places such as Companies House and information that has been published in articles/ newspapers.
Why we collect your personal data and how we use itThe information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways. Here are the main ones: to provide a service you have requested, offer you a personalized experience and understand our audience’s needs better, inform you of events or updates you’ve asked for or contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information.
Specifically, we use your information we collect in the following ways:
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- To fulfil booking, donation and membership requests.
- Process payments. Please note:Masterclass does not store any Credit Card or other payment information once the transaction has been completed.
- Provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration.
- Contact you with important information relating to your booking or purchase, such as confirming your order or reminding you of upcoming events.
Where we have your consent:
- Send you updates via email about what’s on, offers and news or about supporting us.
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
- Learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
- Help us target our marketing communications and adverts so that they’re more relevant to you.
- Measure and understand how our audiences respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective.
How we handle your information & other organisationsMasterclass will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent. We will ask for your consent to share personal information with like-minded arts organisations and the Theatre Royal Haymarket.
We may share your details with:
- Service providers who work on behalf of Masterclass for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example payment processing, mail providers, marketing agencies, database services and website hosting. The Umbrella Rooms have designed and host the Masterclass website and registration system.
- Other organisations such as competition organisers or other theatre’s Box Offices if you choose to take part in such activities and Masterclass Ticket Giveaways. The information shared with these organisations is pseudonymised to protect your personal data.
- Where required to do so or when requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities.
- Masterclass is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites, including the Theatre Royal Haymarket, even if accessed using links from www.masterclass.org.uk and recommends that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Manager if you have any concerns or questions.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
How we protect your dataMasterclass is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt vigorous and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorized access and improper use.
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfill our legal obligations. If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (your name and events attended) to ensure we adhere with such requests.
The retention period of this minimised information will vary according to the purpose, for example if participating in a Masterclass event; we will typically hold your details in perpetuity until we receive a request for deletion by you. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Programme Director using the contact details outlined in this notice.
Your ChoicesYou should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it.
If you have registered as a member with us, you can amend your personal details and email contact preferences at any time. Simply login to the web site and access your account by selecting your name at the top of the page. Or, if you prefer, you can contact us by phoning, emailing, or writing using our contact details below.
Every email we send to you will include details on how to change your communications preferences or unsubscribe from future communications.
You can request full details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, or after 25 May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation, by contacting the Programme Director. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the below contact details.
By email: email@example.com
By phone: +44 (0)20 7389 9660
By post: Masterclass, Theatre Royal Haymarket, 18 Suffolk Street, London, SW1Y 4HT
Updates to this policy will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you of any changes where we hold an appropriate email address for you.