Our Pitch Your Play competition is BACK!
Send us your script, and you could win a Staged Reading at the Theatre Royal Haymarket, West End - including a creative team, paid rehearsals, space and marketing support!
How to Enter
Complete your application form HERE
The form requires you to submit a 30 page extract of your script, and answer some questions.
Submission Deadline: Thursday 1st December at 12pm (midday)
Your Play must:
- be between 60-100 pages in total (1 hr – 1hr 30 mins running time roughly)
- have a cast of 2-5 actors (if it has additional characters, the multi-rolling must be made clear)
- have numbered pages
- An original script – no adaptations or ‘reimagining’ of original plays
- Be aged 16-30 and signed up as a Masterclass Member
- not have had multiple plays produced in small/mid-scale venues – this is an opportunity for relatively ‘new and upcoming’ playwrights
Not sure if you're eligible? Just drop us an email email@example.com
Our longlist will be announced in February. If longlisted, you will receive a digital ‘badge’ and be credited on our website. You will then be asked to submit your full script.
Our shortlist will be announced in March. If shortlisted, you will be invited to ‘Pitch Your Play’ - giving a short presentation to invited industry professionals, venues and organisations. Longlisted writers and Masterclass Members will also be invited – more details closer to the time!
The three winning plays will be announced at the end of March.
Three playwrights will win a Staged Reading onstage at Theatre Royal Haymarket!
This will also include the following aspects:
- A paid creative team – we will help you find a Director and Actors for your staged reading. You and they will all be paid.*
- Space – a free week’s rehearsal at the Theatre Royal Haymarket
- Marketing Support (inc. Poster design, print programme, social media campaign, invitations to our industry contacts)
- Admin Support (Office space, support)
- Once our winning plays are selected, we will host a callout for Directors, and then actors. These will all be paid opportunities, paid at London Living Wage for the week (£494) of rehearsals and staged reading. Please make sure you are signed up as a Masterclass member to be considered.