Paid Internship - Wardrobe Assistant (CLOSED)
November 22, 2022
We are inviting applications for a paid Wardrobe Assistant Intern to work on Back To The Future The Musical at the Adelphi Theatre.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills on a professional production. The role will be varied, and will range from observing to assisting the Head of Wardrobe and wider Wardrobe team. This opportunity is ideal for an early career wardrobe professional, recent graduate or current student of costume / wardrobe.
Criteria for Applying
Candidates should have:
- Some training in costume construction and maintenance, as well as evidence of experience making, altering and laundering garments in a fast-paced environment.
- A willingness to learn; a collaborative and enthusiastic attitude
- Not had an attachment to a mainstream theatre or production company (for example, as a member of The Old Vic 12)
- A Masterclass Membership (click here for more info & to join for free)
We welcome applications from those who have completed a relevant degree, as well as from those who have not completed a degree but can meet the requirements listed above.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates are asked to:
- Send a CV and covering letter (no longer than one side of A4) explaining how you would benefit from the placement. Please include your full name in the title of the documents, and make sure they are saved as PDFs.
- Please send your application to email@example.com with the subject heading: BTTF WARDROBE
- Closing date for applications: 12pm, Monday 5 December 2022
- Interviews: Wednesday 7 December 2022*
- Internship Start: Week commencing Monday 12 December 2022
- Internship Ends: Week commencing Monday 9 January
You will be based at the Adelphi Theatre for the duration of the Internship, and you will be working evenings and weekends (in line with performance times - please note there are no performances on 25th & 26th December, and no performances on 1st January or the evening of 31st December. For more information about the production please see the website.
This is a paid placement, paid at London Living Wage (£11.05 an hour) for the Internship. The position advertised is in addition to any professional roles on the production.
With grateful thanks to InTheatre Productions, The Radcliffe Trust and our other funders for helping to make this opportunity possible.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
If you have any questions, please contact the Masterclass office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org